Suggested Plans for Psychology Minors
Psychology is a diverse field with multiple sub-specializations that can be relevant to your career interests. Below is our suggested course sequence depending on your major specialization or career plans. After completing PSYC 1000 we encourage you to complete the rest of the minor over two years, taking one course each semester, in the order it is listed below. Please contact the designated psychology minor faculty advisor for further support.
- Course enrollment is subject to availability and not all courses listed below are offered regularly or have available spaces for minors.
- If a course is restricted to majors only, consult with the department chair on your eligibility to register or complete the relevant department waiting list.
- If a course requires a prerequisite that you did not complete, please consult with the department chair on your eligibility to register.
Actuarial Science or Data Science
Communication and media arts
4. PSYC 308/3080 - Cognitive Psychology (3 cr.) (prerequisite waiver not guaranteed, check with department chair)
5. PSYC 380/3800 - Biopsychology (3 cr.) OR PSYC 000/4098 - Selected Topics in Neuroscience (3 cr.) OR any other course
English & literature
5. Any other course
5. PSYC 403/4030 - History and Systems of Psychology (3 cr.) (prerequisite waiver not guaranteed, check with department chair)
Integrated marketing communication
Applying to Master’s or doctorate in psychology in the U.S.
Applying to AUC’s MA in Community Psychology
Applying to AUC’s MA in Counseling Psychology
Applying to AUC’s Graduate Diploma in Inclusive Education
Careers in community psychology or community development
Careers in child services
Careers in education
Careers in neuroscience