The mission of the Music Program is to teach the theory, literature, and performance of music, and the theory and practice of music technology, to the highest attainable standard in the context of a liberal arts environment, with an orientation towards performance and study in both Western and Arab music.
- Learn to read music, and acquire fundamental listening and sight-reading skills.
- Learn the basic principles of music theory, either Western or Arab.
- Study representative great works of music literature and composers who produced them, either Western or Arab.
- Make substantial progress in learning to sing or play an instrument; more advanced students may also present part of a solo recital, with the permission of their teacher.
- Sing in a choir, and/ or play in an instrumental ensemble.
Loading... Music Technology BA